Monday 3 February 2014

When you walk through a storm.

No matter how well life is going for you, you are going to have "off" days. Today is one of those for me. I don't know what's wrong or what is causing the "off" feeling. I know that it's making me feel alone, tired, angry, weird and listless. I was sick last week so I know it could just be from that. Whatever is causing it, I do know though that it's hard to have an "off" day no matter what but it can be harder when you are away from home. And that's ok.

On Saturday, I couldn't get to sleep until pretty late and when I woke up on Sunday, I was feeling off and it has continued to today. I made sure that I got outside for some fresh air to clear my head and I tried to not think during that time. I watched Friends to see if some laughter would disspell my mood and I talked to one of my sisters. These things helped at the time but the feeling lingered. It sucks, it really does, and it's hard if you feel like you have no one to talk to - or at least no one to talk to right when you need it. Time differences suck. I have an 8/9 hour time difference depending on daylight savings time and having to wait to call home to chat stinks.

You might think I'm mad but I don't have a fail-proof solution to offer you or even really any advice. Just some  words of comfort: You are not alone. Just talk to someone. Anyone, even yourself. Just talk, cry if you have to and try to get it out of your system. However, don't dwell on it too much or do anything rash when you feel like this because it is just a phase and you are not alone. Someone, somewhere, is going through what you are going through and you have people who love you. "Keep your chin up high and don't be afraid of the dark" because you, and I, are going to get through this. There is light at the end of the tunnel. And, whether anyone can relate or not, just talk and maybe you will find your peace and the hope that you need to "walk on".

PS. I'm really sorry for this post being a downer but having a bad day is a normal part of life and everyone has a bad day in Korea - even me.
PPS This post's title was inspired by the song "You'll never walk alone" from the movie Carousel.
PPPS: Thank you Mlle Awesome for cheering me up. I really needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Thank you!